Statement of Doctrine
Living Truth Christian Fellowship - Who We Are
1. We believe that the Bible (Old and New Testament) is the inspired Word of God, inerrant and infallible in the original manuscripts, a complete and final revelation of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Psalm 19:7-11; Psalm 119:160; Hebrews 1:1-2, Proverbs 30:5)
2. We believe that there is One Living and True God who is personal and knowable. He is sovereign, Creator of all things, immutable, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, and perfect in all His attributes. Within the Nature of the One True God, there simultaneously exist three Eternal Persons, namely God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. All three Persons are Co-equal in all the attributes of the Divine Nature (Isaiah 43:10-13, 44:24, 45:11-12; Psalm 139:1-10; Jeremiah 32:17, 27; Exodus 34:6; Deuteronomy 32:4; Psalm 90:2 John 6:27; 1 John 5:20; Acts 5:3-4; Luke 3:21-22).
a. The Trinity - We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; that these three persons (God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit) are co-equal in every divine perfection; and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence, and redemption (Deuteronomy. 6:4, Isaiah 48:16-17, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14).
b. God, the Father - We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and life. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully with the affairs of men; that He hears and answers our prayers; and that He saves from eternal damnation all men who come to Him through faith in Jesus Christ (John 4:24; 3:16-17)
c. God, the Son, Jesus Christ - We believe in Jesus Christ, fully God, fully man, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary, atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and His personal and visible return (Isaiah 7:14; John 1:14; 8:58; Acts 1:9-11; I Corinthians 15:3-6; II Corinthians 5:21; I John 1:7; I Thessalonians 4:13-17: Hebrews 7:25).
d. God, the Holy Spirit - We believe in the Holy Spirit who was sent from the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin, and to generate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is their abiding helper, guide, teacher, seal, author and interpreter of the Word (John 16:8-11; 16:13-15; John 15:26, Romans 8:14-17; Ephesians 1:13-14).
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh (fully man and fully God). (John 1:1,14; Colossians 2:9)
4. He is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Holy Spirit, the Creator of all things, virgin born, sinless, and the only Savior of mankind. (John 1:1-3, 14; Hebrews 2:17-18; John 8:58, 10:30; 14:6,9; Colossians 1:15-19, 2:9; Luke 1:26-35; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
5. We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and paid the penalty for our sins with His blood. He was buried, rose bodily from the dead, and ascended to heaven. (Romans 5:6-9; 1 Peter 3:18; Luke 24:36-43; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Acts 1:9-11)
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells and seals every believer at the moment of salvation. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and that the Biblical gifts of the Spirit are available to believers today. We believe the Holy Spirit came to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment and to regenerate, sanctify and empower all believers for witnessing and ministry. (John 14:16-17; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13-14; 1 Peter 4;10; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; Romans 12:4-8; John 16:7-11; John 3:3-8; Galatians 5:16-25; Ephesians 5:18; Acts 1:4-8)
7. We believe that sin is falling short of God’s divine standard and that sin separates man from God. (Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1-2)
8. We believe that everyone is a sinner by nature, guilty before God, deserving of judgment, and in need of the Savior, Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 3:9-26; Romans 5:12-21; Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:1-3; Psalm 51:5)
9. We believe that Hell is a place of eternal punishment for the unbeliever, and that Heaven is a place of eternal blessedness for the believer. (Revelation 20:10-22:5; 2 Corinthians 5:1-10)
10. We believe that salvation from sin is by God’s grace through faith, is not earned or deserved, and is based upon the work of Jesus Christ alone. (Ephesians 2:8-10; John 6:39; Ephesians 1:13-14; John 14:6; Acts 4:12)
11. We believe that saving faith requires repentance and will result in a pattern of good works in the believer’s life. (Acts 3:19, 17:30-31, 26:20; James 2:14-26; 1 John 2:3-6)
12. We believe that Jesus Christ will visibly return to earth, in the same manner in which He ascended, to establish His millennial kingdom. (Acts 1:9-11; Matthew 24:29-31; Matthew 25:31-46; Revelation 20:4-6)